Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Can't think of a Title

I don't really have much to blog about lately. No one particular subject comes to mind, yet, I do, however have a few random subjects that have come to mind. Nothing of real importance anyhow. So if you're bored and want to proceed, here they are in no particular order.


My (of no particular importance) Thoughts:

My two year old neice told me the other day that I could have the honor of being the wicked step mother while she is the ever so lovely Cinderella.
the Suze: Nanny, you are de wicked step mutha and I'm Cinduwella.
Me: But I don't want to be the wicked step mother, she's not very nice. I want to be someone else, who can I be?
the Suze: After much thought.....Okay, you can be one of de mousies.

Thank you Suze for giving me such a high calling in life.

I seem to have developed a mad case of the drops. I drop lots of stuff, ....multiple times. Tell you what, its not very helpful to develop a case of the drops when your belly is growing. It makes for an unpleasant sound when bending over.The 'rents (aren't they s'cute?) are coming home from the land of the Czechs in a mere month. I am excited to see their missionary shining faces once more. Although this also means that "the dreams" are getting worse and more frequent. They have "come home" a bajillion times and lo and behold, each time the house is in (gasp) disarray and I am so ashamed. How many times do they have to come home in my dreams before they really come home? We are excited to have them back in our lives (and not just our dreams).


Note to self, working 7 days in a row, although it give us lots of extra money, does NOT make me a better person. In fact, it does quite the opposite. Note to everyone else, stay away from me if I've worked 7 days in a row, I may just bite your head off....You've been warned. (Suze's assessment of me is sadly correct after working that much...)
We move into the house next week and we couldn't be more excited. JJ has a lot of work ahead of him. What with my eggo being prego and what not, JJ refuses to let me paint or help move boxes. (plus having a case of the drops doesn't help) Ho hum, I guess I'll just sit on the couch and have a sit while he does all the dirty work.


After not that much deliberation, JJ and I decided the we don't really enjoy watching figure skating, especially the long (read: booooooring!) program. (But we sit through it anyway!)I feel a bit more carnivorous these days. Seems to be that I can't get enough of the red meat. I've never been a real meat lover, especially not red meat. Boy fetus has given me a change of thought and a change of taste buds. Little buddy wants all the protein he can get. Did it come from a cow? Then yes! (Sadly I'm looking more and more like this fine/tasty animal everyday...)

Moral of story? Bring me steak, don't make me work, and I'll turn into one of the "mousies" instead of your "wicked step mutha."





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Missy- you're sooooo funny:) Just get used to being the "wicked step mother"- it comes with being a Robbins girl and having kids:)

Shelley Nicole said...

Gosh you're funny, and I miss you!!! So, Jessica moved in with me...Robbie lives here, you live here. Silly that we never see you, silly! Soon and very soon I will organize some sort of gathering for us- before your meat-eating boy fetus arrives from the womb.

Michael said...

Love getting inside your brain and seeing how everything comes together!
(STOP those crazy dreams!)

Darla said...

You are too funny, love reading your random thoughts. Now, would you please post a pic of your cute growing belly? :)

Thelissa said...

Love your posts. So funny. Just know that after the 'drops' comes the 'bumps'. You find yourself bumping into walls and things that you've never had a problem with before! There is also the line across your clothes right at your belly where you rub up on things and get dirty, You have no idea it is there though since you can't see it! Have you already hit the forgetful stage? Pregnancy is so fun huh!

Megan H. said...

Sounds like a bunch of fun random things! We definitely do need to get together really soon. Maybe we should go and get a steak or something! :) Let us know when your crazy schedule opens up (cuz JJ is not so great at that...hehe)!

youreprettytoo said...

Too bad you didn't make the moral of your story: "Bring me steak, don't make me work, and don't let my car die!" Michelle told me about that this morning.

Steph H said...

This made me laugh cause it was how I felt about six months ago. Every time I dropped something I felt so sad cause I knew there was no way to get it back any time soon without help (Does JJ clip your toenails? Adam had to do mine...). It was also frustrating to move while being so pregnant. Thank goodness for the relief society packing up all my stuff and the EQ for moving it all. There are still boxes in my basement that need to be unpacked, but at least we all made it here. And the cow thing? Maybe get a little used to feeling a certain comraderie with that species... fun times ahead!

P.S. I love thinking about you while I'm working on your paintings. I'll let you know when they're ready! Thanks for your patience!

Tamilisa said...

Is that a picture of Bretty sitting on Easton?? lol.

Nat & Me