Thursday, January 27, 2011

An Achilles heel

A story:
So I love trail mix. Especially the fruit and nut mix from Costco. (pictured below) I think its an Achilles heel of mine. That and ice cream (I have successfully converted JJ to my love of all things creamy and icy.).....that and chips and salsa. Yes, I do love those things...so much. All three would make a complete meal: protein, fruit, vegetables, grains, and dairy! That's nutrition!

Fortunately, (or maybe UNfortunately) JJ also loves those things. Now allow me to digress for a bit, JJ savors and enjoys his food, I however, devour it. I don't know if its the nurse in me (I usually only have about 10 minutes at work to hork down my meal) or what but I always finish my food before JJ. And more often than not, this leads to me eating my third helping of something while he is still enjoying the second bite. To which I say, survival of the fittest man, survival of the fittest.

Anywhos, so its goes like this...JJ buys this trail mix on a Friday. We both munch on it over the weekend. (You can imagine the regularity going at our house.) Its good stuff!

Annnnnd on Wednesday, it looks like this.....Turns out the dried kiwis in the fruit and nut mix are NOT an Achilles heel.

Sorry man. You just can't buy things like this and leave them at the house and expect me to keep my grubby hands off em. But look at the upside! I saved all these kiwis for you!
The End.

5 comments:

Maria said...

HaHaHaHa!!! I just love you...

youreprettytoo said...

I eat a lot faster than eric too. and i think those dried kiwi taste like fish. and finally that is one "beefy" bum!

Anonymous said...

yep Missy, that is one funn-neee picture:)

Darla said...

You definitely saved the best for last on this post. That cute bum and chunky, rolly polly thighs are adorable!

Sestra Robbins said...

Great ending!!!

Nat & Me